Acne, also known as pimples, is a condition that affects a huge global population. This skin problems are caused by a variety of factors which include hormonal changes, emotional stress, greasy cosmetics, menstruation, and certain medications. However, it’s a treatable issue that can be managed. Outlined below is an overview of the best acne control products which can be used to regulate the severity of this condition.
Acne can be treated using prescription or over-the-counter drugs. However, the type of treatment depends on its severity, your skin’s sensitivity, and also the cause. Generally, this is a manageable condition that manifests itself using various symptoms.
5 Best Acne Control Products
Some brands have managed to formulate some of the most sought-after acne products on the market. The control formulas are made with ingredients that reduce the severity of acne and prevent the formation of new symptoms by shrinking the pores and reducing the blemishes. Some of the best products include:
Dermalogica Clean Start Breakout Clearing Kit
Dermalogica Clean Start is tough on acne but gently on the skin. This formula helps you to achieve clear and healthy skin within a short period. Its defense set contains a blend of benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, witch hazel, and tea tree oil which inhibit skin breakouts. The vegan-friendly product is perfect for skin disorders such as acne and suitable for nearly all skin types.
- It can be used at anytime
- Provides a localized effect.You can apply this acne treatment directly on the affected area.
- Helps to eliminate acne scars
- Quite expensive
DualCare Acne Treatment System
This is an acne treatment set that contains morning and evening treatment. It is an effective acne controller that involves the use of Adjuvant Lotion in the morning to moisturize and cleanse the skin. The lotion contains natural antiseptics which help to reduce the skin’s pore size and kill bacteria. The night treatment set consist of a moisturizing lotion which helps to prevent acne pimples from forming. The lotion has shea butter which helps to nourish and soften the skin.
- A Cruelty-free product that’s vegan-friendly
- Comes in a set of day and night moisturizers
- Suitable for sensitive skin
- It can dehydrate and irritate sensitive skin
- Some users may find the shea butter to be so heavy
- It can stain fabrics
Mario Badescu Acne Control Kit
This is a set of five skincare products which can help you to effectively eliminate the annoying acne symptoms out of your life. The acne control kit contains a facial cleanser that has salicylic acid. It exfoliates and soothes the skin. The cucumber lotion has astringent properties hence it shrinks the pores and dries up the acne.
Mario Badescu Acne Control Kit also has the drying cream which has zinc oxide and sulfur. It dries the skin and treats the zits. The drying lotion is a strong product which is suitable for treating spots and eliminating blemishes.
- Suitable for a wide range of skin types
- Helps to reduce oiliness
- You can purchase the products in the set separately
- Works faster and effectively
- It may be too strong for sensitive skin
- Contains silicones, parabens, and sulfates
Jan Marini Bioclear Face Lotion
This is a luxurious acne controller that helps to improve the skin’s texture and appearance. It’s perfect for different types of skin and can calm acne irritations. Besides that, this formula helps to smoothen fine lines and prevent future acne breakouts.
- Prevents acne breakouts
- Suitable for smoothing of fine lines
- Improves overall skin health
- Quite expensive
- Not suitable for all skin types
BeeFriendly Acne Spot Treatment
It’s a fast-acting acne treatment that helps to eliminate scars and blemishes. The all-natural product contains salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide which help to reduce acne inflammations, reduce spots, and eliminate wrinkles. It’s gentle on most skin types.
- Fast-acting and all-natural
- Gentle on the skin
- Helps to eliminate dark spots and blemishes
- Not suitable for highly sensitive skin
How to Choose the Best Acne Control Products
There are many products which can be used to control acne symptoms. They include gels, lotions, towelettes and foams, kits, leave-on products among others. But how can you choose the best acne control product?
- Start with benzoyl peroxide: In case you are not sure of the type of acne product that you should buy, first, get benzoyl peroxide. It’s an effective product that’s well-tolerated by a big number of people. A product with 2.5 percent concentration is good for starters.
- Start with products that have lower strength: Doing this will help you to minimize the chances of dry skin, redness, and other skin reaction issues.
- Check the ingredients: Analyze the ingredients list in order to determine the type and quality of formula used. This helps to reduce the possibility of allergic reactions which may worsen the acne symptoms further.
- Consult with your dermatologist: A dermatologist is able to determine the acne causes and the best type of products on the market. Consult them first before heading to the stores.
Where to Buy Acne Control Products
Acne products are designed for skincare and beauty. You can purchase them from online stores such as Alibaba, Target, Amazon Beauty, ASOS, Sephora and many other places. Additionally, each acne product can be obtained from the manufacturer’s official website.
Acne control products produce different results in different users. This is because everyone has a unique skin type. Additionally, the severity of the acne, as well as the type of ingredients used, plays a crucial role in determining the product’s effectiveness.